MaDE2020: Student Innovation Showcase
MaDE2020 goes DIGITAL
during Techweek2020 on 29 July (12-2pm).
Please register and diarise. It’s free!
EOI submissions for the Student Innovation Showcase component of MaDE2020 (DIGITAL) are now closed. REVIEW is underway and students will be notified soon.
This prerecorded virtual exhibition session will provide students with the opportunity to showcase their work by way of video recordings of a sample selection of submissions of physical demonstrations, samples or exhibits; plus, to strike up subsequent online conversations with and gain feedback from industry, academics and fellow student delegates.
The MaDE2020 (DIGITAL) format will include a selection of Student Innovation Showcase EOI submissions which will be included in our Techweek2020 programme. Those submissions which are selected for MaDE2020 (DIGITAL) will be guaranteed to be included in the conference in Auckland at the end of the year. All other Student Innovation Showcase allocations in the end-of-year programme are contestable as there will be a second call for submissions once our end-of-year conference dates are known.
MaDE2020 (DIGITAL) – 29 July (12-2pm)
- Students must register their intention to present their work on the Expression of Interest (EOI) submission form. Additional information and specifications are detailed on this form.
- All EOI submissions for the MaDE2020 (DIGITAL) event must be made by Friday 12 June, with notification within a couple of weeks following this date.
- Students must prepare a video recording of their demonstration/sample/exhibit, with an associated link to embed in the EOI form.
- The MaDE2020 Organising Committee will accept a maximum of 5 submissions for inclusion in the MaDE2020 (DIGITAL) programme on Wednesday 29 July 2020.
- If your EOI submission is accepted for the virtual event on 29 July, you will receive automatic acceptance into the Happy Hour exhibition (Student Innovation Showcase session) at the end-of-year conference in Auckland, dates TBA, with an expectation that you register to attend this event.
- Students who have already submitted an oral/poster abstract for presentation at the end-of-year event may submit a demonstration/sample/exhibit for the virtual event, in addition to their oral or poster which will be included in the end-of-year event. This is encouraged as the physical demonstration may further communicate qualities and ideas.
- Generally the demonstrations/samples/exhibits will be small enough for students to bring with them to the end-of-year event. They should be self-contained and should take no longer than 30 minutes to set up. Ideally they would just need to be placed on a table.
- A further call for submissions will go out later this year with preferential selection being given to students who have submitted work to the digital event. The physical exhibition space for the end-of-year event is limited and selection is
- At the end-of-year event there will be a single BEST Innovation Showcase Prize and three Highly Commended Prizes. All prizes will be announced during the MaDE2020 Closing Ceremony.
Please send your EOI submissions and any queries to Claire Barnsley | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
MaDE2020 end-of-year conference dates have been rescheduled to 7-8 December 2020.
Please DIARISE and check back to this website for updates.
Happy Hour: Let’s all talk together – students, industry and academics
This Pop-up one hour exhibition during our end-of-year event provides students with the opportunity to explain their work through physical demonstrations, samples or exhibits; plus to strike up conversations with and gain feedback from industry, academics and fellow student delegates at MaDE2020.