MaDE2020: Student Innovation Showcase
Happy Hour: Let’s all talk together – students, industry and academics
This Pop-up one hour exhibition provides students with the opportunity to explain their work through physical demonstrations, samples or exhibits; plus to strike up conversations with and gain feedback from industry, academics and fellow student delegates at MaDE2020.
Student Innovation Showcase Applications will open in 2020
- It will be a show-and-tell form of conversational presentation, with delegates mingling freely in the conference exhibition area.
- Students should bring their demonstration/sample/exhibit (e.g. 3D print/object, etc.) to MaDE2020 and set it up in the designated exhibition area.
- Set-up time is strictly from 5.00 to 5.30pm on Monday 25 May.
- Pack-down time is strictly as dinner starts and by 7.30pm latest on Monday 25 May.
- Generally the demonstrations/samples/exhibits will be small enough for students to bring with them. They should be self-contained and should take no longer than 30 minutes to set up. Ideally they would just need to be placed on the table.
- Students must register their intention to present their work on the Expression of Interest (EOI) submission form. Additional information and specifications are detailed on this form.
- Students who have already submitted an oral/poster abstract may submit a demonstration/sample/exhibit for the Happy Hour in addition to their oral or poster. This is encouraged as the physical demonstration may further communicate qualities and ideas.
- All EOI submissions for the MaDE2020 Happy Hour must be made by Monday 30 March, with notification within a couple of days following this date.
- Accepted submissions will be printed as the exhibit label by the MaDE2020 organizers. Demonstration space will be allocated.
- Students who have their submissions accepted will be expected to register to attend the conference. The Early Bird deadline for registration is 5 April 2020. Standard Registration closes on 15 May 2020.
- There will be a single BEST Innovation Showcase Prize valued at $TBC and three Highly Commended Prizes valued at $TBC each. All prizes will be announced during the MaDE2020 Closing Ceremony on Tuesday 26 May 2020.
Please send any queries to Claire Reyneke | E: firstname.lastname@example.org