MaD2019: Callaghan Innovation Student Innovation Showcase
Happy Hour: Let’s all talk together – students, industry and academics
This Pop-up one hour exhibition provides students with the opportunity to explain their work through physical demonstrations, samples or exhibits; plus to strike up conversations with and gain feedback from industry, academics and fellow student delegates at MaD2019.
PLEASE download form, save to desktop, then fill and submit via the button at the top right of the form.
- It will be a show-and-tell form of conversational presentation, with delegates mingling freely in the conference exhibition area.
- Students should bring their demonstration/sample/exhibit (e.g. 3D print/object, etc.) to MaD2019 and set it up in the designated exhibition area.
- Set-up time is strictly from 5.00 to 5.30pm on Monday 20 May.
- Pack-down time is strictly as dinner starts and by 7.30pm latest on Monday 20 May.
- Generally the demonstrations/samples/exhibits will be small enough for students to bring with them. They should be self-contained and should take no longer than 30 minutes to set up. Ideally they would just need to be placed on the table.
- Students must register their intention to present their work on the Expression of Interest (EOI) submission form. Additional information and specifications are detailed on this form.
- Students who have already submitted an oral/poster abstract may submit a demonstration/sample/exhibit for the Happy Hour in addition to their oral or poster. This is encouraged as the physical demonstration may further communicate qualities and ideas.
- All EOI submissions for the MaD2019 Happy Hour must be made by Friday 12 April, with notification within a couple of days following this date.
- Accepted submissions will be printed as the exhibit label by the MaD2019 organizers. Demonstration space will be allocated.
- Students who have their submissions accepted will be expected to register to attend the conference. The Early Bird deadline for registration is 12 April 2019. Standard Registration closes on 10 May 2019.
- There will be a single BEST Innovation Showcase Prize valued at $1,000 (including $300 cash and 3D printing credits to the value of $700) and three Highly Commended Prizes valued at $300 each (including $75 cash and 3D printing credits to the value of $225). 3D printing will be done at the University of Auckland’s Creative Design and Additive Manufacturing Lab. All prizes will be announced during the MaD2019 Closing Ceremony on Tuesday 21 May 2019.
Please send any queries to Claire Reyneke | E: email@example.com